I lost my diploma. How do I get another copy?

There are a few steps listed below that may help if you have misplaced your original diploma.

Step 1: Contact the high school or college to determine the procedure for replacing a lost diploma. Most schools handle replacements through the registrar’s office. Some colleges have forms that you can complete online to request a replacement.

Step 2: Complete any required paperwork to request a replacement diploma. Include your name, the name used when attending the school, your address, phone, social security number, date of graduation, major (if applicable) and any other information requested.

Step 3: Provide documentation of a legal name change to change the name on the diploma. Each college has different documentation requirements.

Step 4: Submit the completed form and payment to the college via regular mail, or online if the school offers that option. Fees vary, but can be upwards of $200.

Step 5: Keep an eye on the mail for the replacement diploma. Frame it and hang it, put it in a leather-bound folder, or store it in a safe place.

Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to get their replacement diploma this way. Some schools may be closed or simply unable to fulfill your request for a replacement at the time. Others may find the fee too expensive or the process just takes too long (up to four weeks in some cases), and are looking for a faster, more affordable way to replace their lost diploma. If this is the case, you may want to consider purchasing a replica diploma from a novelty site like ours. Check with our customer support professionals to see if we have your replica layout on file. We can create you an inexpensive novelty diploma that looks just like the original and ship it out with expedited shipping, so you can have it in a hurry!